All I can do is shake my head.
What happened to Bradford Anderson?
How about Carolyn Hennesy?
Nancy Lee Grahn? Kirsten Storms? Erika Slezak? Robert S. Woods? Laura Wright? Catherine Hickland? Michael E. Knight? The list goes on and on and on….
Most of my favorites – in fact the majority of talented ABC soapsters – have been snubbed by the 2008 Daytime Emmy Nominations.
The only ABC actors to receive nominations are: Lead Actor – David Canary (Adam/Stuart Chandler) from All My Children and Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer) from General Hospital; Supporting Actor – Brian Kerwin (Charlie Banks) from One Life To Live.
All fabulous actors.
Are they deserving?
But, my goodness, how can they overlook two of the brightest spots on my soap screen over the past year – Bradford Anderson (Spinelli) and Carolyn Hennesy (Diane Miller)?
Those two keep me fixated on GH when most of the other stuff is FF material.
Those two give 110 percent and more each and every time they are on the screen.
Then there’s Erika Slezak (Viki) on OLTL. She IS OLTL.
She’s had a wonderful storyline and has given spectacular performances.
She always does.
But particularly this year, paired opposite of aforementioned Kerwin as her new love interest, Charlie.
And how about Catherine Hickland (Lindsay) who was revealed to be Spencer Truman’s killer and the subsequent courtroom scenes where she lapses into mental illness (though we now know she faked it to avoid prosecution.) Hickland did an amazing job with that entire storyline.
I could keep going, but you get the picture.
You can check out the list of 2008 Daytime Emmy Nominations for yourself.
I wish David Canary, Tony Geary and Brian Kerwin the best of luck.
All good choices.
And the hopes of ABC soap fans will be with them.
But there should have been more nominations from ABC.
The Daytime Emmys will be broadcast June 20 at 8 p.m.
All I can do is shake my head.
Remember a few weeks back, when General Hospital‘s Luke (Anthony Geary) was on the operating table – teetering between life and death?
At one point he was having those wild dreams and belted out that wonderful rendition of Frank Sinatra’s “My Way?”
Well who knew he could sing?
But he sure does.
And you can hear him sing “Everytime We Say Goodbye” on the newest CD “Love Affair” produced by the stars of ABC soaps.
Geary is one of several ABC soapsters to sing some of the all-time favorite love songs.
Featured tracks include:
* “They Say It’s Wonderful” – Susan Lucci (“All My Children”)
* “Let It Be Me” – Kassie DePaiva (“One Life to Live”)
* “I’ll Be There” – Tika Sumpter (“One Life to Live”)
* “My Funny Valentine” – Bradford Anderson (“General Hospital”)
* “Because You Loved Me” – Bobbie Eakes (“All My Children”)
* “Never My Love” – Kathy Brier (“One Life to Live”)
* “Every Time We Say Goodbye” – Anthony Geary (“General Hospital”)
* “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman” – Sonya Eddy (“General Hospital”)
* “Quando, Quando, Quando” (duet) – Jason Tam and Brittany Underwood (“One Life to Live”)
* “In My Life” – Rick Hearst (“General Hospital”)
* “From This Moment On” – Kristen Alderson (“One Life to Live”)
* “Always On My Mind” – David Canary (“All My Children”)
This is not the first time ABC soapsters joined together to produce a CD.
Two years ago, they came out with “A Holiday Affair,” a collection of Christmas songs.
I bought the CD at Super Soap Weekend and I play that thing throughout the holidays.
“Love Affair” will be released on Jan. 29. You can get it online at abctvstore.com for $18.98.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, “Love Affair” may be just the ticket to get your valentine in a romantic mood.